Monday, August 17, 2009

Up on the shelf with the old, in with the new!!

Here she is, my old treasured sewing maching.
It was my great grandmothers.
I learnt to sew on this baby!
It is knee operated and truely beautiful
my mum told me she would have it serviced for me,
bring her back to good working cond.
new wiring and a complete overhaul, She will have to wait.
Ive always been blessed with everyones offcasts. in the last 3 years,
I have loved to death 3 sewing machines.
and now I'm onto mums old one, which I'm sure I will also put to rest.
So instead, of having my old banger fixed,my mum, the compulsive shopper,
comes home with this new machine.

WOW!!
can I really be trusted with it?
WOW!!
I am so blown away to be simply given a new machine. I dont know what to say
THANKYOU MUMMY!!
It will be used everyday, that is a promise!

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    congrats on the new machine. I learnt to sew on an old singer weren't they great - I was given a beautiful new Janome (same model)for mums day by my loving hubbie after 20 years using oldies - lucky me. You enjoy yours what a treat. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete